Wednesday 5 November 2014

Ghost in the Shell (MEDIUM)
















Wow. A new assignment - it's been a while I know. But I wanted this one to be good (if you believe that excuse I have some swamp land in Florida you may be interested in).

Anyway, here we are. Ghost in the Shell has been a favourite film of mine since I was a teenager - it's cool, it's different, and when it came out at least it looked great. It's about cyborgs, and the internet (the Matrix creators claim it as a MAJOR influence) and espionage and lots of fun stuff. It is dense, and it may take you a few viewings to understand completely (or talk to me, I love to talk about this film).

You SHOULD know that the film does have some nudity and some violence. The nudity is innocent (no sexy time) and the violence is cartoon-style - but it's there, so make your own decision.

Without further ado, here is the assignment.
And here is the rubric for the essay.

Oh yeah, you can find this film on our iPads - #11 and #12.

No comments:

Post a Comment