Tuesday 25 November 2014

Presentations That DON'T Suck! (SMALL)



This assignment/lesson is open to anyone taking ENG3C or ENG4C. When you get to college, and when you get into the real world, from time to time, you will likely have to make presentations. 

You might want to take a look at the Skills/Resources tab on the BLOG, there's a whole section dedicated to presentations. It's pretty good (thanks to slideshare, I didn't make it, I just found it) - so take a look. 


As for this assignment...

Here's what I want. Click through this slideshare presentation (it's like a powerpoint - and it's 50 slides, I'm sorry - it really goes quikly). It's a little dated (two years) - but it's effective. 


OK. What do you think? Now it's your turn. I would like you to choose a topic. I would like you to make a powerpoint that presents this topic. 

Here is site with a long list of topics you might like to choose if you're stumped.


The PowerPoint should be no more than 15 slides, should have no font smaller than 32 pt., and should be nice looking and not be too busy. 

Finally, be sure to take a look at the slide show rubric before you submit your presentation so that you know what I'm looking for. 

NOTE: If you're doing all that the slideshare presentation says (i.e. using lots of pictures to tell your story) you may need/want to supply a 'script' that gives me the speaking points (stories) you would say during the presentation. Since you're not actually delivering the presentation this may be necessary to ensure your slides make sense. Get it? Good. 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Thank you so much for your informative and useful post. I really enjoy reading this post. Please check out my site Rental apartments

    ReplyDelete



  2. Free ebooks i have read it and it was very good.
    Read it now before it deleted
    http://onlineoffers.biz/?l=free_ebooks_gifts


    ReplyDelete